I am thankful to all who said no to me. It is because of them that I’m doing it myself.I reported back in January that I had found a fit young helper who was as keen as mustard to work on the project. Sadly he was far too bright and ambitious to remain available for long - he has started his own small printing business and is pretty tied up with it full-time. Good luck Patton.
This means that the ongoing bodywork for the project has taken a virtual back seat, and I have focussed on other minor tasks in the interim. But the body is rusting away faster than it's being fixed, so I simply must get on with it.
I got myself some fresh body-filler, loads of sandpaper and sanding discs. Oh and a new rotary sander, powered by compressed air - flippin' awesome!
Following advice from someone far wiser than I, I am going to try to complete one panel or section at a time, before moving on to the next bit, Starting at the back, let's see how that goes...
There are loads of flimsy bits, some of which were previously drilled for reflectors and other ornaments, some of which has just rusted away gently by itself.
The new MiG welder is roped in to fill the blanks and then I'll cake on a bit of the new body filler to test it out.
Thank you for visiting, pop in again soon,