Friday 27 February 2009

Filthy Channels

A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
Lao Tzu



This is the channel underneath the white Kombi #2. It 100mm in diameter, 96mm inside height. I intend to weld in a 2-metre long beam of new steel that will span both Kombis through these corresponding channels. Of course, they don't make rectangular steel tubing in 96mm diameter. After a lot of head scratching I figured that I could get three lengths of 32mm square steel tubing and join them together to get my 96mm beam.

The channel shall be cleaned up and the protective undercoat removed before welding in the new beam. I think that this used to be a builder's van as I have found clods of concrete attached to random places, also a couple of odd, home-made tools.

Thanks for stopping by
CooP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...