Thursday 18 July 2013

Meet You at the Reservoir

He who would travel happily must travel light.
Antoine de St. Exupery

Making slow progress this week. Clumsy old me managed to poke my thumb through the side of the original brake fluid reservoir from Marigold. It was fitted behind the seat and had become very brittle with age and exposure.


It shattered (unexpectedly, and startled the cr@p out of me) while I was trying to fit it beneath the dash. The one that was originally in the white Kombi was melted beyond use by the fire that caused so much other damage to the front end.



I found a suitable substitute in my collection of motorbike spares - this reservoir pictured above is from a 1982 Suzuki GS1000. It is made of thicker plastic than the original VW part and is still strong and rigid. I made a simple bracket to fit it into position and we topped it up with the correct brake fluid. We started to bleed the brakes but it was getting late so we called it a night. Slow progress but any step forward is a step in the right direction, I suppose.


Thanks for stopping by
CooP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...