Saturday 28 September 2013

Prepare to Move

Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.
Irving Wallace

So it looks like I'm moving house soon. This one is too big and expensive so we'll keep it but let it out, hopefully to a family that will appreciate all the space. This means that I am now in a hurry to get the Project back on four wheels again so that she can be moved.


The gear stick and linkages have now all been greased up and re-fitted, all seems to be working fine still and all the gears are there where I left them! The seats are in a horrid state but they will be cleaned up and re-covered before the final fitting. This bus was designed to have a "walk-through" between the seats to allow access from the cab to the rear. The passenger seat is a bench seat though, which covers that gap. The special brackets that support the passenger bench seat across that gap were thankfully made to be used on either right-hand or left-hand drive with a few simple adjustments. Adjustments made and the seats were made to fit and work correctly in their new positions, opposite to their previous left-hand drive configuration.

All of the new cables just need final fitting and adjustment and they are ready to go. I still need to source the sleeve for the accelerator cable but it'll work as-is in a pinch.

The entire project is looking dirty, dusty, scruffy and a general mess at the moment. Not to worry, we'll cover all of this with a few coats of paint in the future. It gets worse before it gets better, so I'm told.



The galvanised metal car-port roof has finally been finished off and is looking pretty good, pat on the back for me as I did almost every part of it completely alone. Pity I'm moving now but I expect that I'll be back to enjoy it in the years to come.


Thanks for stopping by
CooP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...