Saturday 24 May 2014

A Bit on the Side

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

So I eventually got around to tidying up the mess on the sliding door. It's not quite finished yet but I made a lot of progress today.


It's a helluva lot of hard work sandpapering this polyester body filler! It really gets hard and it takes time and care to get it to flow and blend with the curves and turns of the door. I was about half-way finished when I stopped for a needed breath of air and I took the snap. I had a go with the polisher shown in the pic, after I had added a sanding disc to it. Even at it's lowest speed it was still a bit aggressive so I packed it away and finished off by hand. It 'aint perfect but I like it.


With a brush I walloped on some of the fancy 2K primer that I bought some while ago. It seems to work ok but I'll spray it next time for a smoother, neater finish. This will require more sanding to get it right but it has covered the worst of the damage, which was my real concern.


Thanks for the visit, sight ya!
CooP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...