Tuesday 30 October 2018

A day at the links

Travel like Ghandi, with simple clothes, open eyes and an uncluttered mind.
Rick Steves

After a lot of struggling with the adjustment of the gear lever it occurred to me that the problem could lie elsewhere in the long line of links that make up the gear shift assembly. So I stuck my head under the project to have a good nolly at it:



Aargh, that's just horrid! After finding parts of the linkage lodged in various other parts of the underside, and other parts missing, I realised that we are simply going to need replacements. Luckily my local spares shop could order some for me 

Here's the old, what's left of it, looking pretty grim:



Here's the new part about to go in:




And it all went rather smoothly (for a change!). All fitted and wired up nicely. The gear selector now works smoothly and with a reasonable amount of accuracy - it's still a 47 year old Kombi after all!


Thanks for swinging, see ya soon for the next update,
CooP

2 comments:

  1. Hi Coop - Where can I reach you? Whatsapp? Email? I have 4 T1, 5 T2, 1 T3 and 1 T5. Made some fibre glass moulds also. +27 73 852 3590 or indlu.inn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kenny, thanks for the message. I'm afraid that after forty four years I have sold the project and Departed from South Africa to travel in Europe for a while. Best wishes with your projects

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...