Sunday 11 July 2010

Front Filling

Every man can transform the world from one of the monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.
Irving Wallace


I have spent the past ten days cleaning and filling the front panel, which was damaged even more badly than I thought. I borrowed a fancy hydraulic ram thingy to push out the worst of the dents from the inside (thanks Rob!), cleaned off the rust and starting filling again. I had hoped that the work would stay dry in our rainless winter but it has been so cold that we have heavy dew and the rust still takes over as soon as I finish. I have to wire-brush the bare metal parts again each time before applying the next layer of filler. Thank goodness for beer to keep me motivated :)


Thanks for stopping by
CooP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...