Sunday 10 August 2014

Noise and Dust

All I want is to stand in a field and to smell green, to taste air, to feel the earth want me, without all this concrete hating me.
Phillip Pulfrey

The only progress that I seem to be making lately is in the joint irritations of excessive noise and too much dust. I have been generating loads and loads of both. Thankfully the neighbours of my neighbour seem to be a pretty tolerant bunch. I wish that my own constitution could stand it better though, I coughed less than this back in my chain smoking days. And the ringing in my ears - don't ask 'cos I can't hear you properly.


I have started filling the horrible dented frontal area above the windscreen. I had planned to complete the remainder of the filling only after giving the whole bus a coat of primer, but this section I'd like to finish off as I want to get the windscreen back in as soon as poss. It has been flatted down in an approximate sort of way and won't be perfect before the primer coat, but it's a start anyway. I can go over the project at leisure after the primer coat has been chucked on.

The whole of the old girl's paintwork has been completely sandpapered with 150 and 180 grit paper. It's been an exhausting two weeks but the end is in sight at last. I have flatted down most of the existing paint and treated much of the rusted area with a magical rust-conversion muti to prepare it for the primer coat. 


I have only a couple of weeks remaining before the project must vacate the current premises and be moved to the small car-port outside my little rented room. As long as I have a fairly tidy, even coat of primer thrown on then I am hoping for my landlady to be tolerant of the presence of the big bus. After that then I can focus on the remainder of the bodywork and then the finishing coats of paint.

So...progress is being made, fairly surely although seemingly rather slowly. The preparation of the old paint has taken longer that I had expected and been physically far more effort that I imagined. But it's almost ready for a protective primer coat in the next week or two.


Thanks for popping over, come back soon! We'll be throwing some paint at it soon.
CooP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...