Sunday 2 September 2018

Recovering

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.
Charles Bukowski

I know that I'm looking forward a long way here--all the way to the interior finishing touches--but I spotted some interesting fabric at the local habby and I just had to get some.


Surprise! When I got to the register I was told that this material was on a special offer - half price. Brilliant :) It'll go well with the existing orange and grey scheme that I've planned.

The original Westfalia plaid cushion covers are in a sad and sorry state. They are dark blue and never did fit with the old burnt orange paint scheme of the original camper. No idea who designed the  scheme back in 1972, but it's high time for a change of colour.




Faded, stained, worn and old. The foam is not going to survive either I fear, I'll be looking to replace it too.

I am, as usual, going to try to do the job myself - I reckon I should have this covered, haha.

The staples holding the fabric in place are badly rusted, right down into the wooden base. It's taken most of an afternoon and evening but I have managed to dig 'em out. Lots have snapped and mangled and I spent ages picking out little rusty, spiky bits from their forty-four year homes in the wood.




Are we helping?

I was right about the foam - it's crumbly, crusty and a little manky. I need to find a source of good quality foam for the padding and then I can get cracking with the re-upholstery.

Thank you for coming by, see ya soon,
CooP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...